- How will you verify my vaccine certificate?
- What if I've only had one dose of the vaccine?
- What if I have a vaccine exemption?
- Will Boxing Central require all members to be vaccinated?
- What if someone in my house is unvaccinated?
- Will staff be vaccinated?
- What public health measures will continue under the Covid-19 framework?
- How many members are allowed in the club at one time under the new framework?
- Do I need to wear a mask when working out?
- What are we doing to minimise the risk of COVID-19 contamination in the gym?
From what we know to date, vaccine certificates will be verified using the Ministry of Health’s (MoH) specially developed app. This will involve scanning the QR code on your vaccine pass which will display a ‘verified’ or ‘not verified’ message on the device. We will record your vaccine expiry date in your member profile and this information will be treated with the same level of privacy as other personal information related to your membership.
You need to have had two doses of the vaccine and have presented your vaccination certificate to the staff at reception before you can use the gym and facilities.
Should you have a valid vaccine exemption this will need to be verified with staff at reception in the same way that a vaccine certificate would be. The details of the vaccine exemption will be recorded against your membership and remain private. Once you have been verified your keytag will be reactivated and access to Boxing Central will resume.
Yes, so we can operate optimally at all levels of the COVID-19 Protection Framework, Boxing Central will be implementing a vaccination certification entry requirement.
From the date on which the Government makes digital vaccination certificates available and the COVID-19 Protection Framework goes live in your region (Certificate Date), we will require members to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to entry to the gym.
Having an unvaccinated person in your home will not prevent a vaccinated member from attending the gym, we are only required to verify the vaccine certificate of a Boxing Central member wanting to attend the gym.
Staff are required to complete the same vaccine verification process as members before returning to work, so all staff onsite will have received two doses of the vaccine.
To continue to keep the gym as safe as possible and reduce the risk of the spread of Covid-19 or other illnesses, we will continue with the following public health measures:
- Members and staff will be required to scan in using the Covid-19 contact tracing app.
- We will continue to recommend hand washing and general hygiene practices such as coughing or sneezing into your elbow.
- Members and staff are required to stay home if feeling unwell or showing any symptoms of Covid-19 and get tested.
- We will continue with our usual cleaning protocols and require all members to continue to wipe down all equipment and surfaces after use.
We will be monitoring the number of people in the gym at any given time and following the Government guidelines on public gatherings indoors. Under the “Red Light” we are able to have up to 100 people within the premises with social distancing of 1m in the class.
Customers are legally required to wear a mask to the gym, inside the gym and when they leave the gym. However, you are NOT required to wear a mask when working out.
We will be cleaning the club more regularly during the day especially during peak times and with particular attention to high touchpoints.
- We will conduct a deep-clean once daily and spot-clean regularly during busy periods.
- Boxing Central requires all members to wash their hands upon arrival and before they leave and disinfect all equipment before and after use.
- We will be monitoring access to the club more closely, during staffed hours.
- Sanitizing spray and hand sanitizer will be available.
- Members may be asked to leave the club if they do not agree to the Conditions of Entry or follow the required public health and hygiene protocols, and their membership may be suspended.